Artist 4-string bass, Maple Fingerboard, Transluscent Blue finish. The MTD Kingston Artist Basses were created for the player who is searching for the warm but reasonably aggressive sound of the large pole, dual humbucking pickups made popular in the 70’s and 80’s. The Artist contains a few of the superior design elements found on MTD’s revered US-built instruments-but at a fraction of the cost. Carefully constucted the usage of top of the range Basswood, Eastern Hard Rock Maple and beautifully finished in a stunning high gloss, the Kingston Artist was once equipped to meet the demands of any serious player. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an reasonably priced instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael’s exacting specifications.
Created for the serious player who’s searching for a warm yet aggressive sound, the MTD Kingston Artist electric bass guitar in blue offers the large pole, dual humbucking pickups that were made popular back in the 1970s and 1980s. This 4-string, right-handed version features a maple fingerboard.
The 4-string MTD Kingston Artist in blue with maple fingerboard.
Created by bass-building legend Mike Tobias and incorporating a few of the design elements found in MTD’s popular American guitar series, the nicely reasonably priced Artist series is carefully constructed the usage of top of the range basswood and beautifully finished in a stunning high gloss.
- Pro features at a great price
- Ergonomically carved basswood body for great warm tones, light weight, and great balance on a strap
- Asymmetrical, one-piece maple neck is incredibly comfortable and fast
- Buzz Feiten tuning system plays in tune all over the place–preferred by pro players
- Maple fingerboard
- MTD Quick Release Bridge for great tone and instant string changes
- Single MTD exposed-pole alnico MM pickup is perfectly placed for killer tone
- Four controls: one volume plus 3-band EQ for intuitive, professional quality
- 34-inch scale
- 24 medium jumbo frets–perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing
4-string electric bass guitar in trans blue with a warm but reasonably aggressive sound; designed by Michael Tobias
Maple fingerboard with 34-inch scale and 24 medium jumbo frets
One-piece asymmetrical neck shape promotes good playing technique and minimizes fatigue
Ergonomically carved basswood body offers great get entry to to upper frets and excellent balance on a strap
Buzz Feiten tuning system plays in tune all over the place–preferred by pro players