M-Audio’s BX5 Carbon Black studio monitor helps you track, monitor, and mix with confidence by providing accurate sound and dynamic acoustic Keep watch over.
Equipped with a 5” woven Kevlar low-frequency driver and 1” natural silk dome tweeter, the BX5 Carbon Black delivers a flat frequency response, enhanced stereo imaging, and increased clarity for authentic mixing in a space-saving design. The bi-amplified 70-watt class A/B amplification means high power with less noise and ensures that your monitoring setup can maintain today’s modern music with ease.
With the BX5 Carbon Black, your music is in a position for any listening environment. Mixing doesn’t occur in a vacuum. Your listening environment influences your mixing decisions and, in the long run, the sound of your music. The BX5 Carbon’s Acoustic Space Keep watch over, a series of calibration switches, helps provide optimal acoustic conditions for tracking, mixing, and monitoring anywhere. Adapt the BX5 Carbon Black to any mixing environment-from bedrooms to basements to professional studios-without compromising frequency detail or stereo image. The result is a versatile monitoring setup for the most demanding mixing environments.
The tweeter’s waveguide has been enhanced to provide an expansive sweet spot and superior stereo imaging. A much broader mix position will give you professional monitoring for any caliber studio. Pinhole-mounted LED placement cues help locate and light up the sweet spot to verify a speaker placement that reliably translates stereo information and frequencies. When the LEDs turn bright, you know you’re dead center and in a position to start mixing your sessions or laying down tracks.
Note: Sold for my part.
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 5-inch Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voicecoil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1-inch magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz – 22,000 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 2,800 Hz
- LF Amplifier Power: 40 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 30 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- (1) XLR balanced input connector
- (1) TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
- input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume Keep watch over at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turnon/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension (height x width x depth): 9.8” x 6.9” x 7.9”
- Weight: 11 lbs
- BX5 Carbon Black (1)
- Power Cable
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Authentic, flat frequency response in a compact footprint
5″ woven Kevlar low-frequency driver
New, bi-amplified 70 Watt (40+30) Class A/B amplification
Acoustic Space Keep watch over means that you can calibrate the BX5 to your mixing environment
New waveguide with LED placement cues provide superior imaging