Enjoy your music by the water—or even in the water!
ION Audio’s Plunge is a high-performance Bluetooth-streaming boom box with dual full-range drivers coupled to a rear-firing bass radiator for impressive low-end “kick,” driven by a 20-watt dynamic power amplifier.
It also has a built-in microphone, so you’ll answer your phone calls and interact with Siri or Google Assistant, and Bluetooth music keep an eye on with Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track buttons, so your music player can stay dry and protected. The built-in rechargeable battery provides hours of uninterrupted fun.
But what truly sets Plunge apart is its rugged/rubberized design with IPX7 waterproofing.
Sometimes, you wish to have even more than “water-resistant” to keep having fun. This is it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Plunge truly waterproof?
The ION Audio Plunge is certified for IPX Level 7 waterproofing – it is in a position to be fully immersed in water without damaging the unit!
How do I charge the Plunge? How long does the charge last?
The Plunge comes with a micro USB port so it can be charged using the included micro-USB cable. It can take up to 4 hours to fully charge and the battery can last up to 20 hours on a full charge.
Can I answer phone calls with the Plunge?
Yes! When you have an incoming call, Plunge’s speaker will play a ringtone.
- To answer the call, press Plunge’s Call Receive
Note: If you get an incoming call all the way through music playback, the music will pause until you
end the call.
- Speak into the microphone and adjust the call volume using the Volume
- To end the call, press the Call End
- To reject an incoming call, press and hold the Call Receive
How do I connect the Plunge to my Bluetooth device?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on the Plunge and it is going to automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You’ll know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is slowly flashing.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Plunge” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical enhance team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following enhance options: online community enhance, phone enhance, email enhance.
- Dimensions(depth x width x height): 10.2” x 3.1” x 5.9”
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Output Power: 13 watts
- Low frequency drivers: 3.5” woofers
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 18,000 Hz
- Water Resistance Class: IPX 7
- Radiators: (2) passive radiators
- Specification: Bluetooth 3.0
- Profile: A2DP, HFP, AVRCP
- Range: Up to 100 feet
- Aux Input: 1/8” (3.5mm) line-level stereo
- Battery Life (lithium-ion): Up to 20 hours (when fully charged)
- Recharge Time: Up to 4 hours
- Charge Port: USB; +5V, 1A
- Mount: 1/4” thread mount
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) Aux Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Rugged, IPX7 waterproof stereo speaker-floats and is fully submersible!
Streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth device; Easily keep an eye on your Bluetooth music with Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track buttons
Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours!
20 watts peak power w/ two 3.5″ drivers & one rear firing passive radiator
Built-in microphone for speakerphone functionality – Use built-in microphone to send voice commands to your smartphone’s Virtual Assistant